Men’s lifespans are, on average, shorter than women’s. While there are many potential reasons for this, one is undoubtedly men’s tendency to neglect their health.
Today, I discuss why you shouldn’t neglect yours. I note the importance of trusting your doctor and give tips on how to get the best from him or her. I explain why you need to stay informed about your body. I give a list of the aspects of your health you should be keeping track of, and I offer guidelines of when to be concerned. I note the basic lifestyle practices you should keep to stay healthy. Finally, I note that men’s health affects everyone, not just men.
“The best patient is an informed patient.”
– Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair
- The importance of looking after your health
- How to get the best from your doctor
- What to keep track of and what numbers should set off red flags
- Basic lifestyle practices
- Why men’s health doesn’t just affect men
- Overcoming fear, apathy, denial, and the belief that you’re too busy when it comes to your health
- Protecting your health like you protect your car
In the Doctor’s Chair
Thanks for listening to In the Doctor’s Chair, the show where you’ll hear conversations that share life lessons, health habits, and leadership practices that focus on positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and ways for you to live with more vitality.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
For more resources to help you to live with more vitality, please visit my website.