Men’s lifespans are, on average, shorter than women’s. While there are many potential reasons for this, one is undoubtedly men’s tendency to neglect their health.
Today, I discuss why you shouldn’t neglect yours. I note the importance of trusting your doctor and give tips on how to get the best from him or her. I explain why you need to stay informed about your body. I give a list of the aspects of your health you should be keeping track of, and I offer guidelines of when to be concerned. I note the basic lifestyle practices you should keep to stay healthy. Finally, I note that men’s health affects everyone, not just men.
“The best patient is an informed patient.”
– Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair
- The importance of looking after your health
- How to get the best from your doctor
- What to keep track of and what numbers should set off red flags
- Basic lifestyle practices
- Why men’s health doesn’t just affect men
- Overcoming fear, apathy, denial, and the belief that you’re too busy when it comes to your health
- Protecting your health like you protect your car