Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This week is International Men’s Health Week, a week-long annual celebration honoring, educating, supporting, and advocating for male health issues and providing encouragement for boys, men, and their families around the world. In honour of International Men’s Health Week, I’m discussing an issue that is important for men as well as their partners. This is the topic of Erectile Dysfunction.
In this episode, I discuss what Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is and why it’s not as uncommon as society typically believes. I discuss the connection between frequent erectile dysfunction issues and other, sometimes more serious, health concerns. I explain the common physical and psychological causes of ED and the connection between your psychological health and your physical wellbeing. I explain how certain health issues like diabetes, chronic pain, and anxiety as well as certain prescription medications can often lead to erectile dysfunction. I also discuss when you should consider talking with your doctor about ED, treatment options currently available on the market, and how your diet, exercise, and lifestyle choices can affect your sexual health.
“If you’re experiencing Erectile Dysfunction, remember: You are not alone. This is a common condition, but it can very effectively be treated.”
– Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair
- How frequent erectile dysfunction issues can indicate other health issues
- How common it is for men to experience erectile dysfunction
- How ED can often present itself in young men under the age of 40
- The physical and psychological causes Erectile Dysfunction
- Understanding atherosclerosis
- Common medications and prescriptions that can lead to ED
- When you should consult your doctor about ED concerns
- Treatment options currently available for ED
- Understanding how your lifestyle choices can affect your sexual health
- How diet and regular exercise can prevent and treat ED
- The connection between belly fat and adverse health conditions for men, including ED
- How Kegel exercises can help improve pelvis health in men.
The Men’s Health Book: A Guide for the Irish Man
In the Doctor’s Chair
Thanks for listening to In the Doctor’s Chair, the show where you’ll hear conversations that share life lessons, health habits, and leadership practices that focus on positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and ways for you to live with more vitality.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
For more resources to help you to live with more vitality, please visit my website.
Apple Podcasts I TuneIn I Google Play I Stitcher I Spotify