Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This is the time of year when people are thinking about making lifestyle changes. For me, it’s a great time to recommit to simply being better to yourself and others. In this episode, I share a mnemonic to help you make this year your best year yet, even if it just means making one small change that sticks.
Today, I break down the mnemonic BEST YEAR. I note the importance of breathing deeply and slowly from time to time; eating healthily, but not beginning an overly ambitious diet that you won’t stick with; simplifying your life; using your time well; discovering who you really are and what you want, and asking yourself if you’re living your life on purpose; exercising; appreciating everything through the power of gratitude; and reducing your carbon footprint, because the earth needs care too.
“Time is so important. I call it the marker of the past, the keeper of the present, and the key to your future.”
– Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair I use the mnemonic BEST YEAR
- Breathe – take some time sometimes to slow down to four or five deep breaths a minute
- Eat – make positive lifestyle changes in your diet
- Simplify – simplify your life
- Time – ask yourself what you should be doing with your time, and take time for what matters
- You – take some time to discover who you are and what you want, and ask yourself if you’re living your life on purpose or passively
- Exercise – exercise is the greatest pill of all
- Appreciation – gratitude is the best attitude
- Reduce your carbon footprint – the earth needs care just as you do
In the Doctor’s Chair
Thanks for listening to In the Doctor’s Chair, the show where you’ll hear conversations that share life lessons, health habits, and leadership practices that focus on positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and ways for you to live with more vitality.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
For more resources to help you to live with more vitality, please visit my website.
Apple Podcasts I TuneIn I Google Play I Stitcher I Spotify