I like the phrase “best year.” It is full of optimism, positivity, and the feeling that things can improve. I believe that our lives can be changed and improved through the power of our own effort; it’s about what we commit and recommit to every single day. So, in the spirit of recommitment and never stopping starting, I turned the phrase B.E.S.T. Y.E.A.R. into a mnemonic for a set of strategies that could help you make 2023 your best year yet.
In this episode, I outline the B.E.S.T. Y.E.A.R. mnemonic and explore ideas for living with more vitality in the new year. I discuss how accepting the totality of the human experience and practicing habits of kindness and gratitude can help us flourish. I describe how forging deeper connections and investing in the people around you can benefit your quality of life. I also highlight the importance of recommitting to live with more vitality every day and underscore the value of remembering to never stop starting.
“Every day is a learning day, an opportunity to recommit to live with more vitality, to never stop starting, and never stop growing.”
– Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair:
- Recommitment, realistic optimism, and how to have your B.E.S.T. Y.E.A.R. yet
- The gift of being more present
- Emotional agility and practicing acceptance
- Self-care, compassion, and the value of being curious about your emotions
- The value of taking care of your friends
- Choosing to become an active participant in your wellbeing
- The greatest health pill of all
- How awareness of your strengths can help you reconnect with your essence and live according to your values
- Remembering to never stop starting
In the Doctor’s Chair
Thanks for listening to In the Doctor’s Chair, the show where you’ll hear conversations that share life lessons, health habits, and leadership practices that focus on positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and ways for you to live with more vitality.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
For more resources to help you to live with more vitality, please visit my website.