Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Undoubtedly, one of the keys to a life of meaning and rich fulfillment is to have a clear sense of purpose and a strong sense of who you are. But what’s the difference between the people struggling with toxic stress and feelings of anxiety and those living a rich life filled with purpose and a clear sense of vitality?
In my experience: flow.
So what does it mean to live your life ‘in flow’? How do you create more flow in your life? And how is it the key to unlocking your inner happiness, well-being, and deep fulfillment?
In this episode, I discuss the lessons we can learn about the concept of flow from the Russian psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. I discuss what ‘being in flow’ truly means and how it impacts your emotional health, well-being, and feelings of joy and fulfillment. I discuss how Mihaly explored the concept of flow by studying artists’ work habits and practices and how we can create more flow in our lives by doing more of the things we enjoy. I share how being in a state of flow impacts your creativity, playfulness, and authenticity. I also share tips on how you can begin finding new ways to create more flow so you can live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life.
“The essence of flow is being in the moment, the present moment, where action and awareness are merged.” – Dr. Mark Rowe
This week on In the Doctor’s Chair:
- Understanding what ‘flow’ and ‘being in flow’ means
- How Mihaly explored the concept of flow by studying artists’ work practices
- How being ‘in flow’ impacts your inner happiness, fulfillment, and wellbeing
- How ‘flow’ is a universal psychological experience
- Achieving peak experience through peak performance
- How performing at or near your best can impact your overall sense of wellbeing
- How being in a state of flow impacts your creativity, playfulness, and authenticity
- Everyday strategies to create more flow
- Finding the optimal balance between your perceived abilities and a perceived challenge
- How creating flow experiences helps you develop realistic optimism
- Why flow creates even more flow
In the Doctor’s Chair
Thanks for listening to In the Doctor’s Chair, the show where you’ll hear conversations that share life lessons, health habits, and leadership practices that focus on positive psychology, lifestyle medicine, and ways for you to live with more vitality.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Please visit my website for more resources to help you live with more vitality.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify